We tested the FIFA 17, these are the 13 best innovations for arrival at E3 2016. Will we see more innovations in September?
The lights go out. The screen with the logo of EA, fades to black. I begin to hear the voice of Jose Mourinho. “People say football never changes …”. It is the official trailer for FIFA 17 , EA showed us a few days before going public earlier this week. Begins to distill the smell of grass, the gloom of the tunnel, texture Lycra and polyester of sheepskins that touch us in passing.Go if football has changed.
- The new graphics engine . The first surprise was the inclusion of Frostbite, after years of demands for renewal and seeing how askance Battlefield 4 or Battlefront already had it. The next-gen now has a little more reason. After the trailer and pretty words from their creators, it’s time to step on the field and really see in action the FIFA 17.
- A new game mode , The Journey . Becomes the career as player, or what in PES is known as “Legend” in which the player controls only a player who made his debut in his youth and is growing year after year, both in age and football skills . Or what we already see in the NBA 2K.A nuance is not a customizable player, but an English character named Alex Hunter. Thus it goes far beyond what seen so far: there cinematics continuous play different environments, such as changing rooms, offices, presentation to the fans, the home player, etc.Decisions and answers to the press that they also affect the perception of the player and his character by the public.
- Expressive faces . We begin to see the consequences of change of graphics engine. Mata’s face is not just a face displayed reliably, is the capture of its expression, can get an idea of his character or Harry Kane watching the gestures of their faces. To this effect , facial monitorings that go far beyond the facial pattern and details, now also includes how it looks, complains, cries or player through gestures and non – verbal language endeavors.
- Coaches visible . The above point also applies to coaches. We could see a strong and unbalanced Jürgen Klopp as always bawling band, possibly by another bad pass from Lallana. We do not know what coaches will appear in FIFA 17 and which are not (in FUT not clear the criteria are for some and not others), but those that do appear, at least have something more than visibility.
- Player deeper monitoring . In the same line as the previous point, it has increased the level of recognition of the movement, style and character of each player during the game. For example, Hazard is one of the players that have been studied thoroughly so that their representation in FIFA 17 is more realistic. This will make it easier torecognize a player career and know the way they move if it is Hazard, Neymar Ronaldo or even without stopping to look at the physical or hairstyle.
- Subtle but effective redesign . After the obscure language of FIFA 15 and tones greenish blue that dominate FIFA 16, the design of FIFA 17 is an ode to Dortmund: yellow and black dominate, the interface is aggressive as two years ago but brighter and more contrast .
- Diagonal runs . Racing to exploit spaces, uncheck anticipations through balls, etc., now have a new item, racing diagonally. Provide a good dose of realism about the usual races practically understood only vertically.
- All situations pieces, renovated . Penalties now have another higher perspective. Throw – ins are somewhat more complex, as they allow you to move a few steps from the point of serve before launching or taking a run. Free throws also have a new perspective to better control the trajectory or the effect must take the ball to save the barrier. And the corners … prepare for new corners, now can point to a target point directly to the area where you want to send the ball. Topping it well or it is nothing.
- The protection of the ball . What in the video presentation was incharge of promoting EA as shielding . New physics in protecting theball putting the body divided, without waiting for the clash of legs.
- And more shielding : control of the ball in motion . Something that did awaken the “Ooooh …!” in the press room when we saw it in action. It is now possible to receive a high ball and control the race a surprisingly faithful to reality style as they do Pogba and company.There is talk of EA, we saw that really works.
- Players are a little smarter . What are thanks to EA system calledActive Intelligence System , which basically makes better understand their spatial position in the field, where they must move in each situation, what gaps are dangerous to their interests and which arenot. Let ‘s assume that, although we have over twenty years of FIFA and the like, sometimes players remain anarchic and illogical when going to defend who should not. In theory this is corrected in FIFA 17. We have seen videos and demos to prove it , but this is one of those innovations to be tested in the mud, with overalls during games and matches, before knowing its true impact.
- Kinematic, Kinematic, KINEMATICS . A non – stop. They have become increasingly more game modes, at times it seems that we are facing asandbox . A nuance here: there are very showy in the presentation of a game and will we come us up the first afternoon playing it , but being honest and thinking in the medium term, any content other than the transfer market, order training or playing matches is contained that, always, FIFA after FIFA, try to jump as soon as possible to return to action.
- More dribbles and skill moves . In the demo we saw a double flickfrom Ronaldo that caused many to rise from his seat and repeat the “wooooow …”. They added more resources like this, with new physical for movement.
Throughout the summer EA will advance more news. It is noteworthy that shown everything until today, June 12, is oriented gameplay and new game mode, The Journey, mainly. Or rather striking that FIFA Ultimate Team, the cornucopia of EA, has not even had a little role yet. Rare would be that there was no news in this mode. For now, this is all we know and we could try. We look, still a long way on September 29, date of arrival of FIFA 17.